IC1805 Heart nebula (sirds miglājs) from Lietuva :)

Viss, kas saistīts ar astrofotogrāfēšanu

IC1805 Heart nebula (sirds miglājs) from Lietuva :)

Postby Skywatcher737 » 14 Mar 2015, 23:07

Here is one more photo I'd like to share. I took it on 18 of December 2014. That was first light with my APM107 APO. Qsi683, Ha 8 frames 1200sec. Sensor temperature -20 deg/c. Pixinsight.
Attachments
Heart2.jpg
Heart2.jpg (880.8 KiB) Viewed 6930 times
Skywatcher737
Miglājs
Miglājs

Re: IC1805 Heart nebula (sirds miglājs) from Lietuva :)

Postby KristapsKem » 15 Mar 2015, 13:07

Beautiful one of that region. Love that Ha contrast in details. On 18 of December? You must be very lucky to get clear skies! :)
Few questions. Are you taking your images from light polluted skies? How long you've been using Pixinsight? How long are you using your QSI683 and have you been in any technical problems with it? Last question is really curiosity, because I was thinking to buy QSI, but because of the price bought QHY and... I had several technical problems with it through the years.. :)
KristapsKem
Baltais punduris
Baltais punduris

Postby Skywatcher737 » 15 Mar 2015, 21:30

KristapsKem wrote:Beautiful one of that region. Love that Ha contrast in details. On 18 of December? You must be very lucky to get clear skies! :)
Few questions. Are you taking your images from light polluted skies? How long you've been using Pixinsight? How long are you using your QSI683 and have you been in any technical problems with it? Last question is really curiosity, because I was thinking to buy QSI, but because of the price bought QHY and... I had several technical problems with it through the years.. :)

Thank you very much for kind word Kristaps :). I did manage to get one clear night in December. My house is south of Vilnius in very new living area, there are not so many houses around, no street lights, I'm lucky :) My sky is quiet dark, but not the best. I can image in direction from east to southwest, Vilnius city is in the north, that direction is no way for me. But anyways, I don't think I'll be able to get more than 15 minutes in Luminance, I have not tried it yet. The longest exposure I did in Luminance was 10 minutes. I'll give a try for longer one.

I bought my QSI683 WSG8 in last September, had no problems with it so far, it works like a charm. I was considering SBIG8300, but I like QSI's design, everything is made very neat, filter wheel comes with offaxis guider. It is like comparing ferrari and tractor :). I was looking at QHY as well, but one guy in Lithuania got one, and he was also complaining about it a lot. Only complain that I have about QSI, is that they don't make cameras with big sensors. Pixel of KAF8300 sensor is too small for my GSO RC10, so I consider buying another camera for it with at least KAF11000. My RC arrived two weeks ago, and I had no chance to try it yet, but bining pixels 2x2 should help to get better pixel scale. Galaxies hunting season is approaching, there is going to be lots of work for my Ritchey :) . Telescope looks good, but focuser is total crap, I've ordered a new one from FeatherTouch. Hopefully, It will arrive next week.

I'm using Pixinsight for two years. I always wanted to have "all in one" program. It got many updates since I bought it. New tools are being released almost every month. Amazing program with unlimited possibilities. I'm still learning. I would never change to anything else. I'd like to get more skills in Photoshop some day. Your photos are amazing, I like the way you process colors and contrast. Maybe we should meet and share experience :)
Skywatcher737
Miglājs
Miglājs

Postby KristapsKem » 17 Mar 2015, 18:11

Skywatcher737 wrote:Telescope looks good, but focuser is total crap,

Telescope must be good, but I think (from my experience with RC8") you will have some trouble with collimating it right. I bought Howie Glatter laser collimator and focuser tilt adjustable mechanism to get best possible collimation with this scope. The good thing is, when its done, it holds it wery good.
Yes, stock focuser was bad for my RC8" too. I did change mine with FeatherTouch. Bit pricey, but it does everything it has to on all 100% :)

KristapsKem wrote:I'm using Pixinsight for two years.

Great, then I know to whom I can ask some advice. :D

KristapsKem wrote:Maybe we should meet and share experience

I think we could manage that some day, yes. Its always interesting to learn something new and improve skills from other enthusiasts in this beautiful (sleepless nights :D) hobby.
KristapsKem
Baltais punduris
Baltais punduris

Return to Astrofotogrāfēšana