Galaktiku kopa Abell 1656

Viss, kas saistīts ar astrofotogrāfēšanu

Re: Galaktiku kopa Abell 1656

Postby KristapsKem » 15 Mar 2015, 13:23

Skywatcher737 wrote:Amazing photo. You must be living in a very dark place to have such a long exposures? Fantastic '

Thank you! Actually I am not taking my photos from very dark place. It is moderately polluted just 6 km from "Cēsis" city border. I just try to plan my "arcs" as high as possible to get the best transparency possible.
KristapsKem
Baltais punduris
Baltais punduris

Postby Skywatcher737 » 15 Mar 2015, 21:36

KristapsKem wrote:
Skywatcher737 wrote:Amazing photo. You must be living in a very dark place to have such a long exposures? Fantastic '

Thank you! Actually I am not taking my photos from very dark place. It is moderately polluted just 6 km from "Cēsis" city border. I just try to plan my "arcs" as high as possible to get the best transparency possible.

900 sec per frame in luminance, thats very cool. I cant get my eyes off your photos. Your skills are amazing. :) Which program do you use for processing? I've noticed that you got this photo wit 8RC, did you bin?
Skywatcher737
Miglājs
Miglājs

Postby KristapsKem » 17 Mar 2015, 17:54

KristapsKem wrote:900 sec per frame in luminance, thats very cool. I cant get my eyes off your photos. Your skills are amazing.

Thank you. Im still learning a lot with every new photo. There is many things I could improve. But it is always pleasure to hear positive comments from people. It gives some extra energy to survive at shooting night :D
Skywatcher737 wrote:Which program do you use for processing?

I used to use CCDstack+Photoshop, but about 4 months ago I started my journey with Pixinsight. Have to say I love it. It IS great software to have if you are serious about astrophotography.
Skywatcher737 wrote:I've noticed that you got this photo wit 8RC, did you bin?

Yes, I use RC8" and usually I bin only color subs. But I am at the point right now to stop binning x2 color subs too. In reality (as you probably know) binning is not giving you more sensitivity, it just "interpolates" noise resulting in less noisy image with better signal at the cost of resolution. But from my tests I can get rid of bin 1x1 noise with Pixinsight good enough. I did some Luminance 15min test images (sky FWHM ~3") with binning 1x1 and 2x2 and have to say that there IS some loss in detail with binning 2x2 even knowing my systems mathematical plate scale is 0.69" and theoretically at FWHM 3" it is impossible to loose details in image. But I'm still in the process of understanding this. Have to test, test, test. But for Luminance- NO, i do not bin.
KristapsKem
Baltais punduris
Baltais punduris

Previous

Return to Astrofotogrāfēšana